In the capacity of vocational expert witness we can help you by:
- Reviewing all pertinent medical records, depositions and other data to identify impairments that may or may not result in a vocational handicap.
- Obtaining a detailed work and wage history.
- Analyzing transferable skills.
- Assessing the marketability of the skills to determine the individual's competitiveness in the "open labor market."
- Administering vocational tests to determine if proposed goal is feasible.
- Recommending employment options available in the open labor market after gathering vocationally pertinent information including the individual's medical impairments, education and skills level, aptitudes, physical limitations and capacities.
- Recommending training needed to improve employability and earning capacity. This involves researching the feasibility of on-the-job training, additional schooling and an appraisal of economic costs to obtain the training.
Edelweiss Geary, M.Ed., C.R.C. meets the requirements of the courts to provide expert testimony.
- A Master's Degree in Education with major in Counseling.
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor.
- Qualified to administer and interpret aptitude and achievement tests.
- Demonstrated ability in interviewing clients and assessing marketable skills in light of age constraints, physical and mental health, previous education and experience, and time and geographic mobility constraints.
- Knowledge of current employment conditions, job market, wages, education and training programs.
Other Legal Specialties
The vocational expert can help you with cases where physical impairment is not an issue, such as, but not limited to, the following situations:
- Marital dissolution - The vocational expert can make an accurate assessment as to whether or not an unemployed spouse can become a viable member of the labor market at various earning ranges.
- Business litigation - A vocational expert can evaluate economic factors such as determining the value of a partner's contribution to a venture based on physical labor and services provided rather than equity contributions.
- Wrongful Termination - The vocational expert can provide credible labor market data including wage histories needed by the Economist who is estimating economic damages.
Earning Capacity & Economic Damages Calculations
Edelweiss Geary works with professionally trained Economists retained by counsel to provide detailed occupational, wage, labor supply and demand data.
All Rights Reserved © Geary & Associates, Inc.