Geary & Associates, Inc. is a private, locally owned, professional consulting practice established by Jack Geary in 1978. The firm offers career counseling services to individuals changing occupations and/or careers. The firm also provides disability management services to the insurance industry. We specialize in working with small business employers, subsidiary operations of national and international corporations, workers' compensation and long-term disability insurers. Edelweiss is experienced in developing and implementing successful re-employment plans for displaced, terminated and injured workers.
Areas of Practice
Geary & Associates, Inc. is committed to provide rapid and reliable solutions to career challenges in the following areas:
- Career Counseling
- Forensic Evaluation
- Disability Management Services
- Relocation Services
Edelweiss Geary, M.Ed.,
- M.Ed., Counseling, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- B.A., Liberal Arts, San Francisco College for Women, San Francisco, CA
- Certified by Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification
- IVE, California Department of Workers’ Compensation
- Certified Counselor, California State Teachers Retirement System
Edelweiss has special expertise in forensic vocational evaluation, vocational evaluation, vocational and learning disability assessment. Edelweiss moves the process forward to a positive conclusion for all concern without sacrificing thoroughness.
We specialize in offering short-term career counseling and consulting to executives, managers and technical staff.
The objective is to focus effort in securing employment expeditiously by:
- Developing a resume
- Teaching job search
- Developing a job search marketing plan
- Preparing for job interviews
- Offering job development support to obtain job leads
- Linking skills,
experience and interests with careers and occupations
- Vocational Testing
We will work with representatives of:
- Families who want to assist children in career and educational planning or a job search.
- Small & Mid Size Employers who want to offer career development assistance to valued employees.
- National & Regional Outplacement Professionals who need a local presence in northern California.
- Commercial & Residential Realtors who want to assist prospective firms relocate staff and their families to the new location.
- Relocation Assistance Program Directors who want to offer destination services to assist spouses/children make a transition to a new community.
- EAP Program Administrators and Counselors who want to expand their service options.
- Psychotherapists, Social Workers, & Counselors who want to maintain case management control of clients during career transition.
- Human Resource Professionals who want to offer career development and career transition services.
- Medical Case Managers with patients who need to change or modify occupations.
- Financial Planners with clients who need to work on long-term goals and/or improve earning capacity.
All Rights Reserved © Geary & Associates, Inc.